Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blanche & Lucy say Goodbye

Well after weeks of partying with Sangria at outdoor cafes...it was time to remember all the fun we had in New England....

We enjoyed days of shopping in downtown Newburyport (Now we see Fall decor all over town)
And I had fun Photographing sunflowers -
And we enjoyed the beauty of the farms in Newbury -

We mostly enjoyed the beauty of the ocean that we miss so much while in AZ.
We had fun visiting with family like my brother Dick & his wife Diane -
Dick & Cheryl enjoying Sangria at an outdoor cafe downtown.

I loved spending extra time with my daughter Robin who was out of work for a few weeks because she sadly broke a bone in her foot (note the cast)...

We had a wonderful long lunch visit with my cousin Flo and her husband Barry.

And my sister Connie and I visited with my Aunt Bea & Uncle Rudy ( my mom's brother)

And Connie and I visited Aunt Germaine who is now 93yr young!

My Aunt Germaine is my dad's younger sister.

She is living at St Joseph's Residence in Manchester, NH.

It was great spending time with Connie visiting family.

I was lucky enough through facebook to connect with old friends like Lorraine who is a great DJ at the local dances in NH & MA.

And I had a blast with old friends at the Portsmouth monthly women's dance - bye-bye to Pat, Deb, Gladi, and Lorraine...
On our last night in Newburyport we couldn't resist ending the evening out with Cheryl's sister Cindy & Paul at The Thirsty Whale (the local's pub).

And though we never did get together again as we had planned, I loved spending time with my good friend Karen.

And Blanche & Lucy sadly said goodbye to their old friend Hairry

Hairry is saying his goodbye to Blanche - woof-woof
Blanche & Lucy will miss their oldest long time friends - Mini & Wheezie most
But finally the day arrived - we spend the entire day packing our moving truck with our furniture & 'stuff' that had been in storage since the sale of our house - thank goodness we had Paul's 'brute strength' to help us pack this truck.

Everything 'just fit' into this 16ft Moving Truck - time to roll....



We said goodbye to our little rental on Oakland St in Newburyport where we made many yummy meals.

And the cozy living room where we relaxed and watched TV.
The spare room was handy when company came to visit...
And guests had their own bathroom.


I especially loooooved the King-size bed and Master Suite.

The Master bath was roomy and sunny.

Blanche & Lucy will miss the back yard where they chased squirrels ...

Unfortunately at the end of our visit the girls also chased another varmint...

The girls got 'SKUNKED!' - what a nightmare for them.... Here we are at the groomers getting a "Skunk Bath" - they are not happy....


So now that they are all clean they are ready for trick or treat.... Lucy deserved to be the little skunk - since she was the leader of that chase... and Blanche is a little Giraffe.....

So we raise our glass and send a toast to all our friends who we spent time with and especially to those we didn't get to see because we didn't have enough time this summer.... we'll make it up to you all next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment