Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blanche & Lucy riding west

Blanche & Lucy left Massachusetts first thing Monday morning for their next adventure - driving west in the moving van.

The furniture van is smaller than the RV so driving it will be easy.

I've got my phone, my water, my music, my snacks and my girls (oh and my basil plant is coming too) so I'm all set.
It's cloudy and cool - perfect weather for driving (no sun glare or heat).


Cheryl will be leading the way in the VW bug.
First rest-stop is Fishkill, NY - still cloudy but no rain yet.

First night spend at the Econo Lodge - a very rustic and very nice lodge.

Right next door we found a cute 50's style restaurant serving wings and burgers - fun and economical....
The theme was Quaker Steak & Lube (a takeoff on Quaker State Oil)...
Tuesday - the 2nd day on the road - the girls just wanted to sleep.

It was a cold - rainy - dark day - perfect for cuddling up with a warm blanket - but not so easy for driving...

We had road food picnic in the vehicles - too rainy to go out of the vehicles much - so we had bread, cheese, olives and chicken and fruit.


We drove for 8hrs and it poured for 8hrs... tough driving with all the 18 wheelers kicking up the water onto us...
It finally stopped raining just as we stopped for the day... It rained so hard it knocked almost all the pretty red maple leaves off the trees...
The warm room on evening 2 was a welcome site.... nite-nite - Blanche & Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pearl
    I checked all the photos on your blog. Amazing!
    Sorry you're having rain to go home into. Here in Oceanside it's still summer weather. Very warm & sunny!! I bet it'll be sunny & warm when you get home.
    Blanche & Lucy are so adorable. My little Lily is doing better. I just love these Westies!!
    Be safe!
    love
    Carol

    ReplyDelete