Friday, August 10, 2012

Blanche & I stayed at the Million Star RV Resort

These last 2 weeks we stayed at the Million Star RV Resort in Canon City, Colorado - better known as - Dory's place.
Here Blanche & I are greeted by our friend Dory, and Pat & Cindy who were also visiting this summer.
 

I backed the camper into the last spot - and as you can see we faced the beautiful hillside to the east and lots and lots of open space.

Our little camper was dwarfed by Pat & Cindy's huge 5th wheel.
All the RVs were parked in back of the house and barn on the backside of Dory's beautiful yard.

We could hear the trickle of the water in the 'Teddy Bear Fountain' whenever we walked through the yard.

Blanche & Lucy enjoyed the shade of the deck and the cool slate on their bellies on the stone deck.
Once I was settled in at Dory's  Million Star Resort, I brought Cheryl and Lucy to Denver airport to fly back east ahead of Blanche & I.

Lucy is not too sure of this flying thing... but I was told later that she did great on the plane - Blanche sure misses her little sister.  And we can't wait to see them both soon in MA.

After Lucy & Cheryl left for New England Blanche & I settled into life in Canon City.  Every day Blanche & I walked to the Alpaca farm.

I'm not sure who was more curious to sniff each other - the Alpacas, or Blanche - but they were so cute and gentle with each other.

This is where I came a few times to get on the internet to check emails.

Dory & I had the BEST Tomato Bisque soup ever here at Michael's on Main in downtown Canon City.  Michael's also has a great Art Gallery on the 2nd floor with some pretty amazing art, furniture and jewelery on display and for sale.
Cindy and Pat helped Dory with some renovations around the Million Star Resort.... they worked harder than Two Ever Ready Bunnies.

Pat & Cindy never stopped - here they are helping Barb & I load some Deck Furniture that I bought for my daughter's new house onto the truck.

Pat & Cindy were so sweet to help me drive the furniture all the way from Canon City to Highland's Ranch to deliver the furniture for Denise's new house.  Here Denise assembles the cushions while the kids enjoy the new seating - all ready for their big housewarming party coming up.
Blanche enjoyed sitting on a bench every day looking out at the bunnies.
After staying for 2 weeks - I said goodbye to our hostess, Dory, as well as Pat, Barb & Cindy.

Dory was good enough to let me keep the RV on her property while Blanche & I would fly off the New England till the end of Sept to meet up with Lucy & Cheryl.  So here Blanche & I said goodbye to the RV and Dory.....

No comments:

Post a Comment