Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Discovering the APEX Rec Center in Arvada



Since I was missing the physical workout of daily Ping Pong - I decided to join the APEX Rec. Center of Arvada. (yes your eyes are not blurry - there was a 'smear' on my point & shoot camera - sorry)
APEX is this huge Multi-Generational Recreational center here in Arvada that offers every kind of sport workout that you could hope for (except Ping Pong boo-hoo)
I'll be able to start doing my Spinning workouts again which I love.

They even offer Pickleball here at the center - giving lessons and trying to recruit more players since it's new for this area.

Since my Elbow fracture I have only ventured as far as Ping Pong - so I decided to ease into my workout program and joined the Aqua-Excersise group 3 times a week to begin with, and also  Cardio Aerobics twice a week.
My grandkids were visiting last weekend and so I took them to the pool which also has an area for little kids (that's Ethan in the bright orange t-shirt).
This kiddie pool has lots of slides, waterfalls and fountains to play in. That's Tyler & Ethan in the foreground.

The deeper pool for older kids and adults has lots of fun activities for Tyler - who is walking the hand rope on the raft & the green lilly pad.



No comments:

Post a Comment